Monday, September 5, 2011

Day 19: Callen


Just at the moment where I was having an internal dialogue with myself about how to think/talk/be about the randomness of folks I take photos with, I went up to Callen. She promptly asked me,

"Why did you pick me?"

The universe has a hilarious sense of humour.

"It's totally random."

The truth is, it is. I basically spend most of the day going about my business and then at some point, completely random (and I don't wear a watch, so often, I have no idea what time it is), I realize that it's time. And then, I spend a few minutes winding myself up to ask someone, and then...I just do. It's like how you might decide to wear the purple hoodie instead of the green one - you just do.

In moments of desperation, I have to work up to asking multiple people. Then it's multiple random instances.

Here's a question for The Math People (they are special): what is the probability of taking a photo with a random stranger in a random city in a random moment in time?

In any case, this was my photo with Callen. Thanks Callen!

BTW: I suck! Day 2 without a postcard. I just put the whole lot in my backpack so that tomorrow, I won't forget.

No comments:

Post a Comment