Thursday, August 18, 2011

Day 1: Adam and Georgia



Adam told me he felt 7/11 should give bendy straws with their boxed wine. I laughed. I had not considered that option in the past, though it doesn't seem like a bad idea. Ha!

Truth be told, the day almost went by and I thought the 18th was tomorrow when I went on line and realized it was today. I panicked, stood up and turned in circles for a minute or two. After realizing that the day was not yet over, I put on my pants and grabbed a postcard. It was time to celebrate anyway: after a day of being in editing/writing mode, I went to the 7/11 to get some wine and to meet my first stranger.

Adam was super cool about taking a photo with me. He said sure right away. Another confession: I just got a smart phone. Yes, I went over to the dark side. I took my first photos on my smart phone. That's why I have a slightly crazed glazed look. Smart phones will do that to you. Besides, it's kinda tough to take your own portrait when you can't feel the shutter button.

BTW: I left Georgia with the chocolate. Yay!




2 comments:

  1. I love Georgia with the Kit Kat. I once left erotic poems in issues of Woman's Day and Architectural Digest in the bookstore.
    I miss you,
    C

    ReplyDelete
  2. Esto me recuerda que una vez cuando tenia quince anhos y mi noviecito y yo rompimos, decidi dejar en diferentes lugares los regalos q el me habia hecho. La mayoria eran piezas muy bonitas y pense q no merecian ir a la basura, siempre me ha gustado la idea de que en alguna casa hay uno de esos objetos q yo deje esparcidos. :)

    ReplyDelete